Dog in danger after accidentally swallowing needle and thread

Some dogs are able to eat anything they see lying around, so it is important to watch them. In Gainsborough, a town in Lincolnshire, England, a dog swallowed a needle and thread, much to the chagrin of its owner.

As a precaution, she took him to a veterinary clinic. Unfortunately, an x-ray confirmed his fears: the needle and thread ended up in the stomach of his four-legged companion.

© Vets Now

The needle might puncture the dog’s stomach

Even though he was doing well, the young canine, 7 months old, needed emergency surgery because the needle could puncture his vital organs at any time.

Fortunately, the surgery went well, Oscar was saved. This accident still left him with a scar of 15 centimeters on the abdomen. The caregivers kept him under observation for a few days, before handing him over to members of his household.

Read also: A Labrador Retriever goes to school to help students relieve anxiety caused by Covid-19

© Vets Now

“ We even got the needle back, with the thread attached! Said Emma Stainton , happy to be able to hug her beloved pet.

</div

Related articles

Exocrine pancreatic failure in dogs

pancreatic exocrine insufficiency (IPE) is a digestive disease caused by the inability of the pancreas to secrete enzymes required for digestion. the healthy function of

Badlands Ranch Dog Food Review

Badlands Ranch Dog Food Review Are you contemplating buying Badlands Ranch Dog Food for your dog? More specifically, their Superfood Complete? Then this Badlands Ranch

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER !

This site uses cookies.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to our T & Cs and the use of our Cookies & amp;trackers as well as those of our partners in order to offer you content, services, personalized advertising and to generate statistics & amp; audience analysis.