Food harmful and poisonous to dogs

Illustration : "Les aliments dangereux et toxiques pour les chiens"

dog is a carnivorous omnivore. So he can eat meat, but he can’t! However, please note that some foods may be toxic and / or harmful to it. The following is a non exhaustive list of products for your partner to avoid / prohibit.


chocolate and caffeine cooked bones and small bones raw potatoes avocado dairy onions, Garlic and leek grape mushroom salty food alcohol sweets what if your dog eats dangerous food?

your dog’s diet must not be despised. It must adapt to its breed or type, size and special circumstances (pregnant or lactating females, overweight or treated dogs…). In any case, there is some food that should not be given to him. It is harmful to his health, some even fatal.

chocolate and caffeine

cocoa contain theobromine. Theobromine is a bitter molecule similar to caffeine, which is highly toxic to your limbs and friends, especially your dog! Dark chocolate contains more toxic substances than milk chocolate. Except for indigestion (fat and sweetness), white chocolate has no risk of toxicity. Generally speaking, eating chocolate is accidental. For example, if the tablet is forgotten on the coffee table in the living room, sometimes it will be the over management of an unwitting owner. Be careful, if your dog gives it a chocolate bar when your eyes soften! The lethal dose is 100 mg dark chocolate per kilogram of dog weight. The first symptom occurs 4-5 hours after ingestion. They are first digestive (vomiting, diarrhea, excessive saliva, increased water intake, dysphagia, abdominal pain), then neurological (irritability, trembling, convulsion, loss of balance, coma), cardiovascular (reduce or increase heart rate, arrhythmia, vasodilation according to dose) and final metabolism (dehydration, hypothermia, elevated blood glucose and decreased potassium).

According to the intake and treatment speed, the prognosis was good. As we all know, dogs like to spend hours chewing bones. Just, you shouldn’t give you any bones. A big bone? It doesn’t matter. Your dog will spend time trying to eat it, which may even help limit the deposition of tartar on teeth.

Small bones, such as chicken bones, are dangerous. Cooked bones are usually dangerous and should be avoided. In fact, they may be swallowed whole and get stuck in the mouth / throat, putting your partner at risk of suffocation. In addition, your partner can easily chew and break them to form Therefore, they are sharp, sharp fragments that may lick the wall of the digestive tract during transportation.

raw potato

Raw potato contains solanine, a molecule toxic to digestive and nervous system, which widely exists in the leaves, peel and peel of potato plants. Symptoms occur within 2-3 hours after ingestion and are digestive (vomiting, constipation, diarrhea and saliva) In severe cases (tremor, loss of balance, hypothermia). The toxic dose is 30 grams of green potatoes per kilogram of body weight. The prognosis is usually good, but it may be dark if taken in large quantities. Therefore, do not give your dog potato skin and cooking water!

lawyer KDSPS “the leaves, fruits and cells of avocado are poisonous to your dog. At present, there is no known toxic dose, and large intake of any part of the plant can be fatal. The molecule concerned is parsley. The symptoms of poisoning are digestion (vomiting, diarrhea) and muscle (drowsiness, weakness) and cardiovascular and respiratory symptoms (increased heart rate and respiratory rate, arrhythmia, pulmonary edema, cough, respiratory distress, cardiopulmonary arrest and death). The prognosis from good to bad depends on the dose taken and the speed of treatment. ” Kdspe

dairy product

just because your dog is still an infant does not mean that your dog can drink milk. The lactose contained in it may be poorly tolerated, indigestion, and lead to mild to moderate indigestion (flatulence, vomiting, diarrhea) Dairy products, such as butter, cream, yogurt and cheese, have lower lactose content than milk, but are still very fat. They usually get better support, but it is best not to take them, so as to avoid minor digestive diseases, sometimes chronic (bloating, abnormal stool) And your dog’s overweight.

receives suggestions from woopets through a registered newsletter. I register your email address collected by woopets, allowing you to receive our news and business offers. Learn more about onions, garlic and leeks

onions, garlic and leeks (Allium) Toxic to pet carnivores, whether raw or cooked. Poisoning can be acute (one large intake) or chronic (repeated small intake) The sulfur content in onions can damage red blood cells, thus damaging the delivery of oxygen in the blood.

toxic dose is 5 to 10 grams of onions per kilogram of body weight. Symptoms occur within a few days after swallowing and are general (inhibition) The typical symptoms of onion poisoning are dark brown urine and a good prognosis. “Fresh grapes or raisins are toxic to your dog, which is usually unknown to the public! Toxic molecules are not known yet. The toxic dose is between 10 and 50 grams of grapes per kilogram (the dose of raisins is lower because it is more concentrated into toxic substances) The first symptom occurs within a few hours after ingestion and is digestive (vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain) and systemic (subsided) In the most severe cases, acute renal failure may occur within 48-72 hours. According to the symptoms of animals, the prognosis is good. For us, some wild mushrooms are indigestible or even completely toxic. Toxic molecules are unique to each species. Many symptoms are related to direct toxic substances, microbial pollution of rotten mushrooms and pesticide pollution of mushrooms. In general, the only way to avoid poisoning is to understand harmful and edible species, so as to avoid eating any fungi when the identification of fungi is still in doubt!

Salted food

salted food is poisonous because they are very attractive! Your dog can’t resist cooked food, smoked fish and peanuts… Kdsps should also pay attention to dishwasher salt, sea water and snow removal salt!Excess salt can lead to an imbalance between water and salt in cells. Symptoms occur within minutes to hours after ingestion. They are digestive (thirst, excessive saliva, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain), neurological (irritability, imbalance, blindness, depression, tremor, convulsion, unconsciousness, coma) and general (dehydration, loss of appetite, increased water intake, increased urine output, elevated body temperature). The prognosis is good to very dark according to the dose and symptoms. Without alcohol, parties are even more crazy! Alcohol can be found in alcoholic beverages, various industrial products (such as dyes or perfumes) and fermented fruits (such as rotten apples in the garden) The duration of symptoms depends on the dose taken and the amount of food in the stomach. This is a more or less severe drunken state, manifested as nervous system disease (behavior change, loss of balance, depression, drowsiness, paralysis, dyspnea, coma). Circulatory complications may lead to death (cardiopulmonary arrest). Therefore, please pay attention to the bottom of the bottle!

also read: organic dog food


You should forget candy and pastries! Too much candy and fat, if fed too often and too much, can cause your pet to be overweight or even obese. Your dog may also suffer from diabetes.

What if your dog eats dangerous food?

If you eat poisonous food, you should contact your veterinarian as soon as possible. The veterinarian may send you back to the poison control center or contact them in person to tell you what to do according to the amount of toxic substances you take, the time you take them and the time you take them. Whether there are clinical symptoms or not. If necessary, he / she will quickly take your animal to the hospital and give appropriate treatment. If circumstances permit, he / she can give your animal antidote, vomiting, gastric lavage or infusion. “

Related articles

Custom Delivery Amazing Quality


Mexican hairless dog

Other names: Xoloitzcuintle, Xolo, Perro sin Pelo Mexicano, Mexican Hairless Dog 5.0 / 5 0 reviews Navigation The Mexican Hairless Dog is a primitive type

This site uses cookies.
By continuing to use our site, you agree to our T & Cs and the use of our Cookies & amp;trackers as well as those of our partners in order to offer you content, services, personalized advertising and to generate statistics & amp; audience analysis.